Open Doors Engadin - Old Schoolhouse

Dates

29 June 2024

10:00 - 14:00

30 June 2024

10:00 - 12:00
Ort
Plazza da Scoula 14, St. Moritz

SHOW MORE
Architecture walk - open doors in the Engadin and Bergell

The St. Moritz school building was built in 1886 by local architect Nicolaus Hartmann Sr. It originally consisted of the left wing and the tower. The fire station was on the ground floor. In 1910, the right wing was added, and a two-storey hipped roof replaced the original flat roof. The conversion resulted in the gym on the ground floor and the council chamber with the impressive pine cladding. The building was renovated in 1956.

In 1997, the library was installed in the unused fire station. The architect Hans-Jörg Ruch installed a false ceiling, in the area of which the documentation library is located. The lending library with the original high vaulted ceilings is on the ground floor.

Short tours with Open Doors Engadin through the following rooms during opening hours:

  • Council chamber
  • Kindergarten
  • Music room
  • Staircase with entrance from the front

Max. 15 people (first come - first served)

Meeting point: main entrance Plazza da Scoula

live
00.00.0000 00:00

The newest issue of St. Moritz – Views from the Top is available at the Tourist Office and online!Spring in St. Moritz – warm sunshine, birds chirping and flower meadows.Inspiration for Spring?